Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring has sprung in tha South

Pretty hot here in the south, but it's nice for bike riding and the change of seasons always inspires my art. Took some photos on a walk this week.
Walking by this millstone always reminds me to be a good mama- here's why: Matthew 18:6 But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Just a bit of info about what's coming up for us- Jake is due to have a deviated septum surgery on the 9th of April. It's gotten so bad he can't breath out of his left nostril and is currently sleeping in Amelia's room. Which means I have a new bed buddy :) Let's say trading LOUD snoring for a wiggly, giggly girl can be fun- but I'm still looking forward to having my man back soon!
Besides all that fun, we had another busy weekend finishing up some things on Amelia's room. We need to seriously paint her walls a different color, but I'm not sure what color yet. I'm waiting until I finish her bedspread. Which brings me to my next artistic 'venture'--- are you sitting down?---- SEWING. Ugh- as some of you may know (mostly my sisters and mother), I've disliked sewing since I can remember. All that pinning, cutting, and laying out of fabric- ugh. If I could just skip all that and go straight to the sewing bit- I'd be fine. It's all that grunt work I don't like. So, my mom and I collaborated by phone and thought up a good way for me to start out. I'll keep you up to date. Hopefully Amelia will be a proud owner of a one-of-a-kind bedspread in the near future. Meanwhile, you can anticipate a few posts possibly involving frustration, pulling-of-hair pictures and a pinch of craziness, but be not alarmed- I'm committed.
So, there's our week at a glance. It's been long and quite lonely since our truck tire has a lovely bolt lodged in it- and we've missed our Karate lessons and my Gym spin classes- but things are looking up. New tires in the works, an upcoming visit from my brother, and Jake's new nose are all good things if you look at life in view of God's perfect sovereignty and His gracious provision in all circumstances. He works all things for good (and here's the kicker) to those who Love Him and Keep His Commandments. May you all have a great week- Mel

1 comment: